Thursday 31 January 2008

Reflexology

Oooh. I went to my first reflexology session with Joanie Doherty (MICHT), today. TOTALLY blissed out while she was assessing my feet. The idea is that areas of your feet coincide/represent body organs and systems. Stimulation of these areas promotes the self healing and increased energy flow of the corresponding body areas.

I was quite sensitive to her treatment, feeling marked 'sensations' in the areas of my kidneys and sciatic nerve. Joanie is really very good and I felt very positive (and sleepy) after the session. Since then (a couple of hours later), I have been running for my waterworks a few times, but this is to be expected since she focused part of my treatment on lymphatic drainage. I'm going to have another session with her next week, when I will have returned to work.

Also saw my pilates tutor today. I'm very pleased to announce that I will be progressing into Level Two Body Control Pilates very soon! Yippee.

No comments: