Sunday 24 February 2008

Demon Crocheter At Large

So much for keeping on top of the blog.... I have been crocheting like a demon for the seemingly long arrival of the newest baby Mistry. Amari was born at 3 am on February 22nd, 8lb 2oz. Welcome to the world baby girl!

I am one of three fairy godmothers. I have a feeling that over time I could very well evolve into the aunty (everyone has one), that gives all the awful jumpers! I'm trying to keep within the parameters of taste. This month I have completed a lovely soft green and pink baby blanket, a cerise princess cardigan, numerous pairs of baby booties, a great little hat with ear flaps and pom pom ties, and a jumper. I'm very pleased with myself.

I'm hoping that my foray into crocheting baby garments will give me the courage to attempt some adult clothing. I subscribe to Crochet Today magazine and have a great pattern for a shawl that converts into a shrug ( it lies across the back and buttons up under the arms to make sleeves). I bought some lovely beige yarn from the market last week that will be perfect for it. I can really see myself wearing it in the Summer with my brown vest top and my khaki linen wide leg trousers. I love to wear natural colours.

What else? Hmm, oh yeah, I made a clutch bag from The Happy Hooker, 'cept its a bit floppy. I was thinking that if I inserted a denim lining it might give it a bit a substance and stiffen it up. The bag is crocheted in a lovely Summer skies blue boucle yarn that I had in my stash draw.

I've progressed into level 2 pilates now. It's a real challenge and I've ached all week from the new exercises. I can't believe how much better I feel now though. It has really made a difference to my life.

I watched a few DVDs over this weekend: The Da Vinci code - Quite good, but I don't think Tom Hanks is growing old attractively. His nose has grown. He just doesn't look right. I guess we all change as we age, it is just that he has lost the boy next door cuteness that he always possessed in earlier films. I also saw Fracture, a thriller with Anthony Hopkins. Quite frankly, I thought the plot was disappointing. Lacking in suspense and edginess. The last film I saw was the biopic of Edith Piaf, La Vie En Rose. This was excellent. Marion Cotillard was tremendous in the title role. She is only 32 and her talent is awesome. It is the Oscars ceremony tonight and she has been nominated in the best actress category....I really hope she gets it, the award would be very much deserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to believe that Tom Hanks is just stepping aside to let his son, Colin, take the "cute, boy-next-door" title.