Monday 3 March 2008

Great Weekend & Crocheting Reprise


I spent the weekend catching up with close friends in Leicester. I am relieved to have lost the previously odd feelings of once being associated with the city that was my home for some time and yet somehow detached when revisiting. Now when I return, it with feelings of warm reminiscence and reacquaintance. I could very easily return to live there.

I had the pleasure of meeting and having a cuddle with one of my friends newborn baby girl....
She is so beautiful, with the cutest rosebud lips. Difficult to believe she gave her Mum such a hard time for most of nine months.

Question: Do babies this young REALLY smile, or is it mostly a wind thing?? I'm sure she smiled at me.

My friend loved the crocheted items I gifted to her. I have had requests for more baby blankies which are temporarily on hold due to a newly acquired condition: 'Pastel Sickness'. Naturally, I am a person drawn to rich berry or earth tones. Due to the eminent arrival of this little cherub, I think I've ODd on baby colours for the meantime. Here is the blankie I gave, perhaps you can see why?!
I'm having a mini-break from the baby crochet and trying to get back into my costume jewellery. I'm thinking perhaps to create some crochet jewellery.

Hoorah! Marion Cotillard won the best actress Oscar for La Vie En Rose. Very well done and so deserved.

No comments: