Thursday 10 April 2008

Chick With Sticks

Taught myself to knit last weekend....I'm addicted! Another pie to poke my fingers into for a while. I still love crochet though & have been doing a little bit of both this week. Actually, I've been overdoing it as my wrists and thumbs are really aching. I'm rather slow with purl at this stage (unused to much dexterity in my right hand), however, one of the members of my knit group said that by looking at my work (a sampler scarf), she would never have guessed that I was an L plate knitter.
I've got knitting envy and have queued numerous patterns on Ravelry.

I was wondering if the excessive knitting was the cause of my week of restless sleep and vivid dreams? Roll on tomorrow night. Early to bed, then early to rise and knit ALL weekend, hoorah!

Also, on the hook is a freeform frankenstein creation of a blanket. It is made up of all the short-lived pieces of patterns once started and long forgotten, with bits of free-style crochet plugging the gaps...I'm calling it 'The Blanket Of Forgotten Dreams'. Very appropriate I think. At least all the parts will not have been a waste after all.

No comments: