Sunday 15 January 2012

First Creation Inspirative of 2012!


I was beginning to wonder if I was going to produce anything of delight this month. This freeform wrist adornment was the result of last week's Woollee Wednesday and the meeting of The Happy Hooker's Collective. I am very pleased with the end result of taking a random oddment ball of yarn for a walk, so to speak. Walk, it did and would not stop until it felt its' journey finished.

I used pure new wool, hand dyed and of a sock yarn type ply. It's crocheted with a size 2.00mm hook, using slip stitch, chains, double crochet, Bosnian crochet and front and back loop double crochet stitches only. Due to it's pure wool nature, I'm rather excited at the felting possibilities over time if worn exposed to the elements! Here is what it looks like on one's wrist:


1 comment:

Claire Riseborough said...

Love the colour of your latest creation Emma.. such complex stitching to create such an organic design... v clever! xxx