Tuesday 3 January 2012

Links of Lusciousness

Yesterday was pure procrastinating pleasure. I became absolutely lost updating my Links of Lusciousness so that you could get more of an idea of the many art forms that appeal to and interest me. I have a few mentions of note...

Alexandra Abraham's site is a veritable Aladdin's cave of eye catching, one of a kind pieces for magpie souls. I was utterly entranced by her memory bangles, and spent a good fifteen minutes of greedy ogling over her fabulous work.

Anne Thompson is my kind of knitting designer. Art to wear for the pleasure of the form and not necessarily the function.

Bonnie Meltzer creates the most amazing assemblage sculptures from the most peculiarly diverse materials you can imagine, and more than you can't. Seeing is believing, and oohing, and aahing.

Claire Riseborough's paintings are pure tranquility for my mind's eye. When I look at her work, with all that wonderful light, texture and layers, I can just sit and gaze, transported into a story, and feel significantly more relaxed than I was before.

Dale Copeland has found her Shangri La in life and that place is just wonderful. She provides a feast of curios and magic in assemblage art.

Kate MccGwire's feather sculpture installations are.... Well, I was both rapt within a monumental state of awe and speechlessness. An article (from her site's Press link), in The Jealous Curator, perfectly summed her work up for me: 'I literally had to stop and catch my breath. I'd never seen art that felt like it was breathing until that moment' (The Jealous Curator, July 2011).

Lisa Vollrath's work encourages me to try and ease my grip on my artistic boundaries, to let go and allow my hands to recreate the riot of creation inspirative that is running around my head shouting "Freeee meeee!"

I have had the absolute pleasure of meeting Louise Ellerington a few times through a close mutual friend. Epic, gorgeous, sometimes deeply thought provoking, mythological, steeped in some kind of rare magic fine art. I absolutely covet her sculpture, 'The Egg Collector', and I could stare for hours at her oil on canvas, 'Mass For Peace', inspired by the work of the composer, Karl Jenkins.

Rachel Ross's 'Used', 'Found' and 'Significant' painting collections appeal to my stashing of found objects into hidden collection of joy, brought out now and then to be wonder-wandered over and fiddled with. Except, how much nicer it would be to have her work adorn my walls so I could sit and stare in open delight! The depth in her tarnished spoons from the 'Used' collection is simply wonderful.

Tristram Aver was quite a discovery of paint and collage on canvas. I particularly enjoyed 'The Final Forlorn', 'Croup and Vandemar', 'Dawlish Drift' and 'Oofle Dust' from his most recent collection.

Lastly, but not conclusively, as there is much to be discovered in my other links, I dearly wish for possession of a Robert Cooper Tea Caddy: Truly delicious, intricate objects of aged beauty.

I finally managed to organise my photos last night and have updated my Flickr photo stream to include more of my altered art projects. I hope you will enjoy what you see.

Happy New Year!



No comments: