Sunday 6 July 2008

Working Up Fast

Good morning! It has been raining here. The air is thankfully cooler than the high humidity of yesterday. I think this is the warmest Summer I've experienced in Newcastle since I moved here 4 years ago. You have to be prepared for 4 seasons in one day here. It certainly takes a while, if you are not from this part of the UK, to acclimatise & get wise to the indecisive weather. Mostly, the days are bright & would be warm but for the cool bite to the breeze you get here coming off from the North Sea. The Geordies refer to this as 'a lazy wind'- it can't be bothered to move around you so it goes straight through you instead. Go through you it does. Bbrr!

So, if I were to advise on the one essential item of clothing that a visitor would find most useful here in the North East, I would say, without a doubt, it would be the scarf. Wide, narrow, long, short, heavy, light. Anywhich way, you cannot go wrong with a scarf to keep the wind off your neck and shoulders.

I mentioned yesterday that I am currently working on 'Scarfy Come Home' by spillyjane knits. The photo at the top shows my progress so far. The yarn is a gorgeously soft emperor purple, 45% silk, 35%
Merino blend from Fyberspates. I am currently trying to emotionally detach myself from Scarfy...The original aim was that it was to go towards my Christmas gift countdown of projects...Oooh but I love the look & feel of Scarfy so much!...Let go & feel the warm glow of giving a hand crafted gift...Nooooo, keep Scarfy for yourself!...Let it go.. I'm SURE all you other crafters know exactly how I feel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best for 2012.